You can use baby wipes to make colorful tie dye items. A nice, easy and clean introduction to tie dying.What You Need:
- container of low cost baby wipes
- rubber bands
- washable markers or watercolor markers
- rubber gloves (optional)
First, you pass out the baby wipes, one per student.
- Next give them each about 4 rubber bands.
- They will tie the bands very tightly around different sections of the baby wipe. They can roll their baby wipe or fold it different ways before they tie them.
- Next, have them put the gloves on because it does get a little messy.
- Place the baby wipe on some scratch paper and color between the rubber bands with the different color markers. Make sure they press the markers to the wipe so the ink will go all the way through.
- Next, I have the students bring the wipe to me so I can carefully cut the rubber bands off of the baby wipe.
- I hand it back to them and let them open it up to see the big surprise. They are so amazed at the patterns the rubber bands have created. They really turn out beautifully.
- We gave them time to dry and then we matted and hung them up. It was great fun!